CARE CLEANING FURNITURE
Protect your investment
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT:
Care Cleaning Furniture - The beauty of furniture care is that it helps to protect your investment. Fine furniture is an important purchase. Proper care will help maintain your furniture's finish and ensure that it looks great year after year.
CARING FOR WOOD FURNITURE:
Caring for furniture is easy. Follow a few simple guidelines will help extend the life of your furniture.
- Always dust with a polish moistened cloth. Polish cushions the cloth, eliminating the scratching that occurs with dry dusting. Dust will scratch the furniture surface if not removed properly.
- Use a soft, clean cloth that won't scratch the surface. Avoid coarse or scratchy materials or fabrics.
THE ENEMIES OF FURNITURE:
Many common problems in furniture care are caused by the elements. If you are aware of these troublemakers, the resulting damage can easily be avoided.
- Sunlight's ultraviolet rays can damage wood finishes. Arrange furniture out of direct sunlight; use sun screening drapes during intense sunlight hours; rotate furniture in place and in room arrangements.
- Liquid spills will damage furniture if not removed promptly. Use coasters under beverage glasses and saucers under cups and flower pots. If a spill occurs, immediately blot it gently without rubbing the surface.
- Heat creates a chemical change in the furniture finish which can result in a white spot. Use protective pads under hot dishes, utensils or cooking appliances.
- High humidity causes wood to swell. Low humidity causes wood to lose moisture and shrink. Extreme changes cause warping, splitting and cracking.
- Try to keep humidity as constant as possible.
Choosing the Right Products: A quality polish enhances the natural beauty of wood by complementing the luster and enriching the grain. It protects the finish because it serves as a temporary barrier to spilled liquids. The cleaning ingredients in polish effectively remove smudges, dust and soil when properly applied.
Tips for Better Dusting:
- Be sure to use the same type of polish consistently. Your furniture will appear cloudy or streaky if oil-based and wax-based polishes are interchanged.
- Always use a fine furniture polish when dusting. Never dry dust, as it could case microscopic scratches on your furniture surface. Remember to change dusting cloths frequently since a dirty cloth may scratch your furniture's surface.
- Spray your furniture surface evenly, but not too generously. Wipe in a circular motion with a soft, clean cloth to clean and loosen the old polish.
- Then, buff until completely dry for a beautiful shine and a smudge-resistant finish. For wood trim, spray polish on the cloth first, then dust.
CARING FOR GRANITE TOPS:
Notes on Granite.
Granite is formed by slow cooling lave deep beneath the earth's surface which produces a tough, course grained, crystalline rock, composed mainly of feldspar and quartz.
You should expect to find natural characteristics such as veining (streaks of lighter crystals), variation of crystal size, color and tone between slabs or within single slabs. Large carbon deposits may appear to be watermarks. Mineral seams or gas fissures can be mistaken for cracks in the surface of the slab.
Natural features such as these add to the beauty and uniqueness of every stone. It is the combination of unique natural variations and functional durability that makes granite an ideal material for your furniture.
- Always keep granite surfaces clean.
- Remove staining materials including alcohols, oils, fats, greases and juices from the surface as soon as possible.
- Although heat resistant, care should always be exercised when placing hot objects on a piece of furniture and the use of a heat resistant serving tray or worktop server is recommended.
- Periodically clean the granite inserts with a damp cloth, using mild detergent if necessary.
- Completely remove the detergent using a clean damp sponge.
- Wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Enjoy browsing and purchasing quality for less with us, and you also get personalized service that can not be beat.
Come Back often, you will find exciting things happening at your favorite home furnishings store. Remember, you get personalized service that can't be beat!